Joined FAUN 2017
Laura has participated in the school choir since her early childhood, later on she stayed musically active in small Jamming Groups. Her passion for Folk (especially Scandinavian) stayed always strong. Later on, she was the lead singer for "Mrs. Robert Cube", which she recorded an album with. Among a classical basic training and continuing education, it was her effort on several studio projects that taught her the most.
Overall it's Nordic and Irish tunes that stamp her style. Besides that, she was learning to play the Bass and as of late she also fell in love with the Mandola. After touring Europe and supporting the mighty Folk Metal Band "Eluveitie" during the second half of 2016, she finally arrived here, with Faun.
Instruments: Vocals, Framedrum & Mandola
- PERSONAL QUESTIONS: -
1. What makes you happy?
Walking on snow, Sunshine at any day- or nighttime, forest air, birds chirping, extra hot chili.
2. What makes you unhappy?
Hatred, jealousy and violence.
3. What is your zodiac sign / ascendant?
Sagittarius / Sagittarius
4. What was the first CD/LP you bought?
"Chocolate starfish and the hotdog flavored water" by Limp Bizkit. The Cover of this album is pretty offensive, that's why my dad wanted to take it away all the time - I was only 11, you know.
5. Which was the first concert you visited?
"Dropkick Murphys" - I was 15 and felt so rebellious.
6. What inspired you musically?
Snow, silence, heartache, love, water, storm, desire, melancholy and my dreams.
7. Who were the heroes of your childhood?
Madita, Arielle, Michel from Lönneberga, Robin Hood and Ronja the Robber's Daughter.
8. What were your earlier bands/projects called?
Nameless jamming with good friends and "Mrs. Robert Cube".
9. Which was your best Faun-Concert up till now?
Each one still to come.
10. Which Faun song is your favorite?
I really cannot choose, there are way too many good ones - but at the moment I am deeply in love with "Egil Saga" and "Odin".
11. Which book moved you?
Madita, The flying Classroom and 1000s many more.
12. Which CDs did influence you?
Also so many more than mentioned, but to mention some important ones: Gjallarhorn - Rimfaxe, Valravn - Valravn, Garmarna - Guds Spelemän, Simeon Soul Charger - Meet Me In The Afterlife, Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent, Eluveitie - Evocation l/The Arcane Dominion, Opeth - Blackwater Park.
13. Which movie moved you last?
The Hunger Games
14. Which actor/actress makes you weak in the knees?
Rather than a special looks, it's actually a special and interesting character making me weak. Nevertheless - two may exist, but that's my secret ;-)
15. Which mythological figure would you chose to be?
Freya, the Nordic Goddess of Love. Mainly because of her ability of flying with a hawk-cape. Also, she is the leader of the Valkyries and somehow - mostly - at one level with Odin. That's why she's kind of symbolizing a very charismatic, but also tender "womankind".
16. What is your favorite food?
Asian, popcorn and pistachio chocolate.
17. What would you be doing, if you weren’t a musician?
No music is no option!
18. Where do you see yourself at the age of 60?
Sitting on a wooden bench in the middle of nowhere in the Alps, the sun shining on my face, listening to the bee's humming, happy and holding hands.
19. Which band or which artist would you like to work with?
Valravn, Samsara Blues Experiment, Mars Red Sky, Garmarna, ... Plenty more!
20. What would you like to give to your listeners?
Goose bumps, magic and time for memories and dreams.
© 2015 www.faune.de | www.rix-design.com | All rights reserved.